The third Telecentre-Europe Summit took place in Budapest, Hungary during 13-14 October 2010, and brought together telecentre network leaders and eInclusion actors from across Europe. The event was held under the patronage of Neelie Kroes, Vice-President of the European Commission, responsible for the Digital Agenda.
One of the main themes of the Summit was related to employability and to the Employment Toolkit developed through the Key Competences for All project. Telecentre-Europe provides a comprehensive Europe wide perspective to the project and the network represents an efficient platform for dissemination and valorisation of the project deliverables and outcomes.
Following first two project meetings held in Barcelona (November 2009) and Riga (April 2010), the third transnational KC4All meeting took place in London, UK, during 7-8 October 2010.
The meeting was organized and chaired by the UK project partner – LASA.
13 participants coming from all partner organizations, discussed and agreed upon a series of important issues over the two days of the meeting.
- Results of the research performed earlier this year were presented to all participants, as well as a progress overview of actions since the Riga meeting.
- Partners discussed and agreed features and details of the toolkit design. The toolkit structure will be revised accordingly and the toolkit final version will be ready by March 2011.
- The testing phase of the existent toolkit version to be implemented throughout November 2010 – February 2011. During this time, a handbook / guidelines for telecentre facilitators will be produced in order to ease the delivery of the toolkit in telecentres accross Europe. More than that, a Frequently Asked Questions section will be available on the toolkit web platform, from April 2011 onwards.
- Toolkit launch events at national level to take place during March-April 2011. Official launch at the European level to happen during May-June 2011.
- Next project meeting will take place in Timisoara, Romania, and will be organized by EOS.